Location: Presidio, San Francisco
InterSchola is fast becoming the most sought-after provider of turn key services and solutions for buying and selling SURPLUS education property (durable goods) through our online marketplace for such products. Our target market comprises K-12 School districts, community college and higher education, both public and private. Our contacts at these institutions are individuals responsible for asset management, procurement, purchasing, or surplus disposal, and may also include department heads in food service, maintenance & operations, buildings & grounds, transportation and information technology.
The Internal Sales and Marketing Associate will integrate appropriate sales and marketing communication elements into cohesive, regionalized programs. This role is on the frontline of our company's sales and marketing efforts and has a direct impact on the overall success of the business. The key role of the Internal Sales and Marketing Associate is to support sales initiatives in the regional territories, develop truly qualified leads, bring contracts to signature and generate auction/revenue opportunities within our market. The Internal Sales and Marketing Associate will work directly with all sales and customer service personnel and will report to the Vice President of Sales.
- Provide front-line support for all sales functions by facilitating the development of sales and client management activity within a region or territory;
- Research and profile targeted prospects that focus on asset management, procurement and surplus disposition and identify key contacts;
- Proactively cold-call target prospects, leads and decision makers and identify opportunities, projects, and timeline. Follow up as needed to close business
- Develop interest in InterSchola solutions and services and identify key influencers;
- Communicate solution, value proposition and ideas succinctly at a high level;
- Identify and document prospect's needs, expectations; objections and priorities in order to determine appropriate sales action real-time;
- Uncover opportunities and set meetings for the appropriate outside sales staff to help drive business;
- Work with other sales personnel to ensure that specific needs, opportunities and market dynamics within assigned territories are effectively addressed by and reflected in the company's sales and marketing programs. This includes managing and leveraging intelligence from all prospects, business development leads and client and customer contact databases;
- Organize, plan and execute regional and national tradeshows and events, working with appropriate sales personnel and VP of sales so as to maximize sales and marketing opportunities. Manage follow up communications with potential clients from such events;
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns (email/ direct mail etc) including quarterly newsletter for targeted prospects and clients and follow up on a scheduled basis;
- Work closely with field sales teams to recognize marketing and sales collateral needs and ensure requirements are met as needed;
- Analyze or mine data from sales and marketing efforts to support sales strategy and emergence of trends and marketing intelligence;
- Coordinate marketing research programs and utilize findings to support efforts;
- Use company CRM System to document status and drive activity as well as inform data mining activities; and,.
- Prepare activity and forecast reports as required.
- 3+ Years or equivalent experience in previous sales/marketing role, ideally within education, public agency, government, sectors preferably selling services;
- Successful track record in identifying leads, and building & developing a pipeline of qualified prospects;
- Successful track record communicating concepts & value propositions within all levels of an organization; and,
- Experience finding current opportunities and mining future opportunities.
- Marketing and/or market research or analysis background a plus.
- Hands on experience with CRM systems such as salesforce.com highly desirable.
- Adept at using MS Office programs.
- BA/BS ideally in Education, Business, Marketing, Communications or related field,
- Skilled outbound calling with a proven track record achieving sales and business goals.
- Determined and steadfast sales personality with relationship selling background
- Self-motivated and able to appropriately set and pursue own goals.
- Attention to detail,
- Ability to report results in a concise format
- Organized and able to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously;
- Ability to work creatively, collaboratively and energetically to solve problems to complete assignments
- Intelligent, energized, and interested in supporting the organization's goals.
- Strong English verbal, written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Positive enthusiastic work style desired
This is a part-time contract position of 15-25 hours per week.
Compensation is $20/ hr plus performance bonus. We are a fast paced,
growing company. This role may grow into a full time position and/or
develop into more responsibility over time.